Today is Tax Day. I was a little confused as to why it was today instead of the 15th like it normally is but then I read it has to do with another holiday that fell on the weekend this year so it had to be moved to Friday which in case postponed tax day....blah blah blah. Boring boring boring.
If you are anything like B and I, we do our taxes as soon as we get our W-2's in the mail. Bobby is really good at doing our taxes. He uses some website (H&R Block I believe) and within an hour he emerges. This year we got to add "buying a home" and "having a baby" to our taxes which was great for our return. Years before, when Bobby was modeling we always had to pay. And it sucked. Government already takes my money, why do I need to give you more? But now that modeling has slowed down a lot, I love seeing that return check.
Last night as I was watching TV, a commercial for Sonic came on. I am a Sonic girl. Worked there from the age of 14-17 and their food and drinks are still one of my favorite places to get fast food. They were advertising that half-priced cheeseburgers all day on Tax Day.
So it got my mind wondering, what else can you get on Tax Day?
Here is a list I found:
(note some of these we do not have locally here in Dallas but if you are reader from somewhere else, you're welcome)
- Bananas Smoothies & Frozen Yogurt:Bananas will offer "The CPA" on its menu, a 16 ounce frostie with fresh strawberries and bananas and an added Red Bull Yellow Edition. Certified Public Accountants can get it for free (seriously) April 17-18 if they show their license.
- BLT Steak and BLT Prime: The restaurants are offering half-priced adult beverages at participating locations. Wash that red meat down with a discounted American Sour.
- Boston Market: You can grab a half-chicken individual meal with too sides, cornbread, a regular beverage and cookie for just $10.40. Get it? 1040?
- Bruegger's Bagels: This Monday the bagel chain's offering up a discount. You can get 13 bagels plus two tubs of cream cheese for $10.40. Referencing tax form numbers is fun! Almost as fun as being the breakfast hero at your office.
- Buca di Beppo: Dine in or to go, the family-style Italian restaurant will give you 18 percent off with this coupon if you use it by April 18.
- Chili's Grill & Bar: Drink up at happy hour! Participating Chili's will have $5 Presidente Margaritas. Because, America.
- Goldstar: Now through April 18 you can get a free seat upgrade (buy mezzanine seats and upgrade to orchestra without paying extra) for live entertainment like theater, sports, and more.
- Great American Cookies: So, you finally did your taxes. What do you want... a cookie? Perfect. The folks over at Great American Cookies will give you a free chocolate chip cookie for your efforts.
- Hard Rock Cafe: This is perhaps one of our favorite Tax Day deals because they still make you work for it... or if you're covering Rihanna, you have to "work, work, work, work, work, work" for it. Hard Rock Cafe will hook you up with a free burger if you sing for your supper. Literally.
- Kona Ice: You can nab a free cup of shaved Hawaiian ice to cool down after getting crazy with your calculator.
- McDonald's: Mickey D's locations are a bit more selective on their Tax Day offerings, so check out your local area to see what's good. For example, Colorado customers can score free coffee, while fast food fanatics in Cincinnati can get their second Big Mac for 18 cents.
- National Park Service: This one's not Tax Day-related, but it does involve the federal government. To celebrate the National Park Service's 100th birthday all 410 national parks in the U.S. will have free admission April 16-24. Get outside and decompress from the tax-related stress.
- Noodles & Company: Wrangle up your little deductibles. You can get a free kids meal with the purchase of a regular entree this Monday. Or online, get $4 off any $10 purchase by using the code TAXDAY.
- Office Depot/Office Max: Print this coupon and get 5 pounds of bulk bin shredding at an Office Depot or Office Max location. Just don't shred the coupon before you redeem it. The offer expires April 23. Think of all the shredding you can do by then!
- Planet Fitness: Unwind after all that paperwork with a free HydroMassage. Enjoy a massage at one of Planet Fitness' 1,000+ locations April 18-22. You don't even need to be a Planet Fitness member to de-stress, you just need the coupon, which will be available on their website starting Monday.
- Schlotzsky's: On Monday, all Schlotzsky's locations will give you a free, small original sandwich if you purchase chips and a 32-ounce drink.
- Sonic: The fast food chain will be making it rain half price single cheeseburgers, babyyyyy!
- Sonny's BBQ: The restaurant is offering half-priced Sweet & Smokey or House Dry-Rubbed Rib dinners on Tax Day. Delish.
- Staples: OK, don't shred up any important papers for the IRS, but Staples stores will let you shred five pounds of paper for free on Monday. Why not get some spring cleaning done after your taxes?
- Tony Roma's: Free dessert alert! If you're a member of Tony Roma's email club you will get a coupon on Monday for a free treat. The coupon is good through April 29. If you're not a member, you can join here. There are free sweets at stake, people.
- World of Beer: The taverns are offering customers a free cold one on the house. The select draught depends on your location.