Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Great Is Thy Faithfulness

We all know how much I love The Voice on NBC. It really is so good. But this year, there is a contestant like no other. Every so often a voice comes around that makes you stop and listen. Whitney. Frank. Mariah. Elvis. Carrie. Adele. Arianna. Beyonce. Adam. The lead singer from FUN. I could go on but you get my drift. Having a voice of an angel is a gift from God. Being able to open you mouth and what comes out sounds like sunshine and rainbows is just heaven.

That is what this contestant is to me. His voice is just a piece of art and he is a master at his craft. His name is Jordan Smith. 

Jordan has had a hard life. Being picked on, being bullied. But he never gave up his voice and he never gave up in God. Monday night he sang Great Is Thy Faithfulness and got really emotional in the clip before as to why he picked it. With everything that is going on with the world, having that bit of faith, knowing God is on your side, can get you through anything. It's just Jordan and a piano. No frills, no band, just him and this song! He got a standing ovation from everyone, including the judges. All they could say was Thank You for the reminder. They were all floored by him. 

I dare you not to watch this and not get emotional! I hope Jordan takes it all the way. We need people like this in our world. (oh and go YouTube his Chandelier performance when the judges first saw him. B and I watched him sing that like 100 times that night).



Thank you Jordan for reminding me of God's love and faith. As I was putting my baby to sleep Monday night as your were singing, I couldn't help but thank him for all the blessings in my life and reminding myself of God's love! 


No comments:

Post a Comment