Thursday, November 12, 2015

My butterfly

Dear Diary,

Today marks the 13th anniversary of the death of my Maw-Maw. 

I loved her so much. She was so kind, so patient, so good. She loved her family and was one of the smartest people I had ever known. Her crossword skills were incredible. Like Sunday morning crossword incredible. I always remember she had peppermints and a large glass of water that would sit on her kitchen table with a napkin under it, so it wouldn't leave a ring. She was the type of grandmother that let you have candy before dinner. She always had Mr. Goodbars in her cabinet and never cared if we ate them. My Maw-Maw was super quiet, she liked being in the background, she never needed attention. 
For those of you who don't know, my Maw-Maw died from lung cancer. She smoked for almost her whole life and it ended up taking her life. I have seen first hand what the effects of smoking does and this is why I choose not to smoke cigarettes. They kill. I would give anything for her to be here, to have met Bobby, to be able to hold Brody. I would give anything to hear her laugh one more time. She is my guardian angel, my butterfly. One of my 30 in 30's is getting a tattoo and the tattoo I want to get is a butterfly on my shoulder, representing her. Whenever I am down, or in my times of need, a butterfly appears to me. It's the weirdest most strangest thing but I know it's her. 

I may have lost a Grandmother that day but God gained an angel on November 12, 2002.....lucky you God!

Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment