Friday, July 24, 2015

38 weeks

One week, one of them looks great and one of them is messing around. The other week, it's flipped. They have minds of their own. Hahahahahaha they really have no idea what's in store. 



How far along? 38 weeks and 3 days 

Total weight gain? 28 pounds 

Pregnancy clothes? I have been living in dresses. It's the only thing I am comfy in. So if you see me, I am usually in a dress. Pants are too hot, I have one pair of shorts I am good with and I don't have any skirts. And shoes have officially been an option. Especially this week with my bad foot/ankle. 

Sleeping? It takes me forever to get comfy. Like forever. But once I am, I am good. Ever since we got our bed off the floor and on to a bed frame, the sleep has been better. Just more comfy like that. 

Best moment this week? I have not had a good week so finding something that was the best this week isn't easy. But I do love going to the doctor and hearing his heart beat and them telling me it is strong and good. That is always great! 

Worst moment this week? Oh my ankle. My lovely ankle and me falling. I was finally able to put weight on it Wednesday night but now it is starting to bruise. And I can't get the swelling to go down, no matter what I do. And I have stuff to do so sitting around the house just isn't in the cards for me right now. At night I prop it up with ice and take a load off but during the day, I just don't have time.

Do I miss anything? Being able to walk normal. I miss having energy. I miss being able to tie my shoes normally. I miss going for a run. I miss being able to get up from anywhere and not grunt or have to shift my weight. I really have a had a nice pregnancy, so I don't like complaining but this week has just been awful so I feel like I have a right. 

Cravings? Sweets. Like cake, cookies, cupcakes, pancakes, waffles, cereal, etc. Not necessarily candy. I want substance and if it's warm and covered in frosting or syrup, just hand it over. 

Aversions? Nothing really. Just not very hungry or I'm starving and then I sit down to eat and I just stare at it. My appetite comes and goes. 

Pregnancy symptoms? I have officially hit the swelling part of the pregnancy. I hit it on vacation but when I came home, everything went back to normal. But ever since I fell Monday, I can't seem to get the swelling in my feet, ankles and legs to go down. My doctor says I'm good, that this is normal and to just keep drinking lots of water and relaxing. That after the baby, everything will go back. I can still wear my wedding ring but I think this is the week I take it off. And I will have an awful cry fest cause I NEVER take my ring off. It is a part of me. Like glued to me. But I know it has to come off so I keep telling myself that. 


Belly button? In 

Stretch marks? None 

Can I see my feet? Yes

Looking forward to? Meeting him. I was not dilated as of yesterday at my appointment so I don't see him coming this week (I go back Tuesday to the doctor so we will see) but reality is really setting in for Bobby and I. My doctor won't let me go past August 11th so we will for sure have a baby within 2 weeks and 4 days. And OMG.....like seriously hahahahaha. In less than 2 weeks and 4 days I will finally get to hold my son. I will finally get to see his face and see his features. Count his toes and fingers. I've been told there is nothing like seeing your child for the first time so I can't wait. And I can't wait to see the family see him. I just hope Bobby doesn't cry cause I'll lose it. I am already a cryer but if he does, Lord help me. I'm just glad we are taking an hour or so after he is born to ourselves to do what we need to do before the family meets him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment