Thursday, July 30, 2015

Do Us A Flavor Contest

So here we are again....it's that time of year that Lay's brings out their new creations that people from all over the world submitted. Y'all....I submitted 24 flavors this year and one of the flavors that is in the contest was one of my ideas. I just didn't get it in in time since it's a first come first win kind of thing. And again, like last year, I found all 4 flavors and tried them all for you (ok...for me since I'm a chip whore but whatever, that's beside the point). 

Ok let's get started! 
First off: 
The new flavors this year are Greektown GyroNew York Reuben, West Coast Truffle Fries, and Southern Biscuits and Gravy
Second off:
I found them at Walmart. But only in the big bags. My brother in law Tim found the small bags at Walgreens. 
Third off:
I wasn't the only critic. Bobby, my sister's whole family, my mom and my Uncle Steve and Aunt Karen all gave me their opinion as well. 
Fourth off:
Can you guess which flavor was my idea as well? 


Lay's Kettle Cooked Greektown Gyro-
Submitted by: James Wagner 
I love Kettle Cooked. They are so crispy and crunchy and just really add that extra flavor to the chip itself. Going into this chip, I had no idea what a Gyro was except that it was some kind of Mediterranean sandwich. At first bite, there was something I was tasting but I couldn't put my finger on it. So I ate another. And then another. And it clicked! Feta cheese. These taste like Feta Cheese. Bobby explained to me what a Gyro sandwich was because I had never had one. Meat, Feta, Onions, Lettuce, Tomato all in a Pita with Tzatziki sauce smothered on top. But all I could taste was Feta. So if you are a fan of this, you will love it. The only one who liked this chip was my Aunt Karen. No one else liked it. Bobby said he didn't hate it but he loves Feta and Tzatziki sauce. 
On a scale from 1-10: 2
Would I eat it again: Only if it was the only chip left


Lay's New York Reuben
Submitted by: Jeff Solensky
I have had maybe a bite of a Reuben sandwich in my life but I knew the flavor profile of it. It is corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Russian dressing on Rye bread. The only thing I like out of those is the corned beef, hence why I have never had one. This chip fell kind of flat to me. Kind of had a plain profile. I didn't taste any of the ingredients. It was a good chip and would be good with a sandwich as a compliment, but I am looking for a flavor punch. Tim liked this chip but it wasn't the favorite. 
On a scale from 1-10: 5
Would I eat it again: Yes, especially with a burger


Lay's Wavy West Coast Truffle Fries
Submitted by: Angie Fu
Lay's Wavy is like one of my favorite chips. I love a wavy chip. So I was really excited when I saw this one because I love truffle flavor. LOVE truffle flavor. And I love fries. So I was really excited to try to one. And to me, it did not disappoint. It has a truffle, parmesan, fry taste. They are good by them self and that is what I look for in a chip. Something that can hold up by itself. Bobby actually wasn't a fan of these. He said they tasted different but it's the truffle. You have to like the taste of truffle to like them. 
On a scale of 1-10: 7
Would I eat it again: Yes, for sure, on my couch, by myself, with Netflix


Lay's Southern Biscuits and Gravy
Submitted by: Hailey Green
OMG guys! I don't know how they do it. But this chip taste like you are eating Biscuits and Gravy. To me, it taste like sausage gravy. That's the flavor profile I get most. I don't really get the biscuit part but I am perfectly ok with that. This was by far the winner in my family. Everyone but my Aunt Karen liked it. I don't know what you would eat these with except by them self so I really hope that doesn't hurt this chip from winning. 
On a scale from 1-10: 10
Would I eat this again: YES! I want it to win so I can always have it as an option. 


So my vote goes to Southern Biscuits and Gravy! 
You can go vote at https://www.dousaflavor.com/ or if you would like to help me promote Southern Biscuits and Gravy, please go to this link https://www.dousaflavor.com/ambassadors/64be5d3bcf/0


Let me know which flavor you think was my submission as well? 

Oh and isn't she the cutest thing you ever did see? I got this picture 2 nights before I could find them myself, taunting me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment