Tuesday, July 21, 2015

No good deed goes unpunished I guess

Dear Diary,

I did something yesterday that I swore I would never do, especially pregnant. And that is do something to myself that would limit my mobility. And what did I do...just that! 

So here is the story of what happened to me. Yesterday morning, I was doing dishes and I noticed a black lab wondering around my yard. So I went out there to see if anyone was with him because we do live by the gate that exits out to the service road which leads to the highway and I feared of him getting out. I luckily am a dog person so I approached him very easy and he came right over to me. He had a collar on so I walked him into my garage, closed the garage, went in to grab my phone to call the number on his tag. Well that person didn't answer so I left a message. I got ahold of my HOA and she told me another number to call. I finally got a hold of them and they came and got him. Crisis averted! Good deed of the day done and it's only 9:30am! 

I had a bunch of errands to run so I loaded up my car with everything, let the dogs out while I went to potty and get everything turned off in the house. Bullet came right back in but I couldn't find Dash. The sprinklers were on so I went outside to the couches and sat down to wait on him to be finished. But I still couldn't find him and he wouldn't come when I called. Just then the sprinklers turned off so I walked myself over to this area that has a bunch of rocks, which lead to a higher part of our yard. I had my balance, when I turned and saw Dash outside of my fence. He had gotten out of the yard and I guess heard me screaming for him. That's when it happened. The rock had been slippery from the sprinklers and I was so worried about getting Dash back in that I didn't look where I was going and BAM! Landed on my left ankle and crashed down on my right ankle. That's when I heard the pop sound, coming from my right ankle. I'm almost 100% sure I blacked out a second because I came to to Dash licking my face. That's when the panic set in. BOBBY ISN'T HOME! IS THE BABY OK? AM I OK? And I could feel the pain gathering in my feet. Luckily I had my phone on me so I dialed Bobby and he didn't answer. So I dialed him again and he answered. All I could say was I hurt myself and I don't know what to do. He asked if the baby was ok and I didn't feel any hurtness or pressure in my stomach so I knew I had caught myself well enough to not land on my tummy. He said he was an hour away but was leaving now to come home to help me. I told him I could not walk and he said that I didn't need to sit in the grass in the heat that long so to try to either hobble or crawl my way to the patio area and wait. So that's what I did. I got on all 4's, screaming in pain and crawled my way to the patio. DASH NEVER LEFT MY SIDE! The whole time I crawled, he stayed right by me taking each move I made. I made my way to the door and got him and I inside and made my way to the couch and just crashed and started crying. It's all I could do. I had never felt that amount of pain before in my foot. And of course, your mind goes straight to the worst, like OMG It's Broken! I kept feeling around my stomach, rib area just to make sure and I couldn't feel any pain. So that was a blessing. 

Finally Bobby got home and was able to assist. Luckily he went through nursing school and knows what to look for. And I kept telling him it was worst than what he was saying but my pain tolerance is about a 4 on a good day so I'm probably not the best judge of character. I just knew what hurt and where. My sister in law Angie had crutches at home from when Matt fell off the roof and hurt his ankle so I have those right now. But I can't drive and I can't put any pressure on it so I am stuck. 


And I hate things being done for me. I hate being useless and that's all I am. I tried to make coffee this morning for my sweet husband and it took me a good 10 minutes to do it. But I was determined and did it. Who knows what will come of this but I am so tired of it already. I never like getting hurt, I don't like being babied and I like to do things for myself. But being 38 weeks pregnant (today I might add), it is such a challenge. Especially when baby boy has decided he wants to hang out my ribs when all I want to do is get comfy with my foot propped up. 

So thank you God for keeping my baby safe in my nasty fall and not allowing myself to get hurt much worse than it could have been. Oh and if you could help speed up this healing process, there is a lot of things I need to get back to before the baby comes. 

Love, Me 

No comments:

Post a Comment