Friday, March 20, 2015

20 weeks




How far along? 20 weeks and 3 days 

Total weight gain? 9 lbs 

Maternity clothes? For sure. I have been lucky to find some really cute maternity clothes for myself for a good price. And I can pretty much wear what I want to work so jeans and tops are my new best friend. I wore a dress last week and loved it. And once the weather warms up some, dresses are going to be my best friend then. 

Sleeping? Awesome. I fall asleep really easy (after about 5 mins of finding a comfy spot), wake up about 2 times to pee and I fall right back to sleep. But I am sleeping so sound that I have been waking up feverish and with headaches. My cheeks and face stay hot and red for about 30-45 mins after I wake up but the rest of me is cold. It's so weird. But at least I am sleeping. 

Best moment this week? Not only getting 1 but 2 offers on the house! 1 was not a good offer and Bobby and I went back and forth on it with the person and prayed on it and right before we decided to do anymore with it, got a 2nd offer that was sooooo much better and decided to go with that. So we will see how this plays out. 

Worst moment this week? Waking up with the headaches. The slight raised temperature I can deal with but the headaches just drive me crazy. And they last for hours. I have been taking 1 Tylenol after breakfast but it takes a good while to work on me. I'm just praying it's allergies because of Spring time and that this will go away soon. I know I am allowed to take a Benadryl while pregnant so I might have to take one of those at night so I don't wake up like this. 

Do I miss anything? Honestly, not really. Each week is different for me. One week I really want wine. The next week I really want sushi. But I think my brain is so in pregnancy mode that I don't even think about those things anymore. I had a sip of my moms wine at the movies the other night but it just wasn't worth it to me. Granted it wasn't the best stuff in the world and if it had been a glass of Cuvison Chardonnay or Kenefick Ranch Sauvignon Blanc I might have thought differently. I do miss Happy Hour and when all the guys from my work go to the bar, I do feel left out but it's ok. I am working towards a bigger goal and keeping this little guy healthy and strong is it. 

Cravings? This weeks chip of choice was the Kroger brand Sour Cream and Onion chips. Kroger has their own line of chips that are $2 a bag so I thought I would try them out. They are amazing! They come in different flavors so that's good for me. Bobby was a little shocked when I put them in the basket at the store and said "Sometimes you surprise me". Usually because I always grab a brand name chip and turn up my nose at store brands. I've also been cravings cereal....any kind of cereal, but mostly the ones that are made for kids rather than adults. It has been my 9pm snack of choice for me when I take my prenatal vitamins. 

Aversions? Not as bad this week. This is the second week in a row Bobby has made chicken mozzarella and I have eaten half of it. That's about all I can take. But there's nothing really that just turns my stomach anymore. I do have to be in the mood to eat for food to sound good to me. 

Pregnancy symptoms? Cramps or growing pains. Sleepy. Tired. Headaches. One minute I am starving and the next I don't want to even look at food. And when I am done I am done. I don't want it sitting in front of me anymore. 

Belly button? In

Stretch marks? Nope

Looking forward to? House shopping. We have been looking everyday on different sites for housing in Mansfield and have found a few we like but because houses are selling really fast, we are trying to not fall in love with any because we can't really buy yet. Not till our house is officially bought do we even want to go look. But I have feeling it will be in a couple of weeks we start going and I can't wait. Do I want a house move in ready....or a fixer upper and make it how I want it? 

Gender? Boy

Name? Mighty Mouse. Out of 2 names we have, Bobby is about 80% sure on one of them but I am not. I just can't pick yet and really don't want to. I am fine calling him MM till he gets here and I get to see his perfect face and make the decision then. But even if we do decide his name before he is born, I will not be revealing it. Too many people have too many opinions that I don't care to hear. 

Due? August 4, 2015 




For Thursday's Lent Scripture- Matthew 5, verses 43-45- Love for Enemies part 1 (ESV)- 43 "You have heard it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 

For Today's Lent Scripture- Matthew 5, verses 13-16- Salt and Light (ESV)- 13 "You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet. 14 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." 


AMEN on that that. Being God's light is something I strive for everyday. And you should too :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment