Friday, March 27, 2015

21 weeks




How far along? 21 weeks and 3 days 

Total weight gain? 9.5 lbs and feeling myself getting heavier and heavier each day. Which I know is a good thing because that means the baby is growing but it's just hard seeing the scale go larger than smaller and have to remind myself, it's all for my Mighty Mouse.

Maternity Clothes? Totally Yes! Can't wear anything else in my closet except my dresses. I can't wait to go dress shopping for some maternity ones.

Sleeping? Like a baby. Except I have been waking up about 4am every morning in some cramping pain so I have readjust myself or get up and walk around some till it passes. But I always fall right back to sleep so it doesn't bother me to bad...yet. 

Best moment this week? FINALLY feeling him move around in me. My doctor told me it would happen soon at my 19 week appointment if it hadn't already and up until last Sunday, I hadn't. But Tuesday when I hit 21 weeks, I felt this feeling inside my stomach and knew it wasn't because I was hungry or gas. It was him going from one side to the other. I stopped where I was and just took it in. He is still too small for Bobby to feel him since he is behind my placenta and needs to be a little bigger for us to feel him on the outside. 

Worst moment this week? Getting sick after one of my work-outs. I never got to the point of throwing up but I couldn't shake the puking feeling for a good 5 hours that night. I've been trying to do different machines at the gym instead of the just the treadmill and I think I must have over done it on one. 

Do I miss anything? Not really. With the weather getting really nice, my love of white wine keeps showing its gorgeous head at me while I sit outside at night on my patio and take in the cool Spring air. I refuse to buy a bottle of wine to only drink 6oz of it. And Bobby doesn't drink it and I won't drink 2 nights in a row because there's no point to it. And I don't want to order anything at a restaurant and get the ugly stares from people. So instead, I grab my bag of chips and munch on those till my sourness goes away from my lack of a crisp, clean Sauvignon Blanc. 

Cravings? My cravings have gone away. Now, it's just finding stuff to eat. I do still keep a bag of chips at home and did munch on them last night. But for wanting anything, or just needing to have something, I don't have the urge anymore. Now, it's more like oh I'm hungry but nothing sounds good. Like nothing ever sounds good to me. Poor Bobby...he tries so hard to cook good, clean food at home to help me and MM and to help keep my weight on track but I just can't do it some nights. 

Aversions? This has kind of gone away too. Nothing ever sounds good but nothing just turns my stomach anymore. Trying to find a balance of good for you foods and bad for you foods is hard. Luckily, I am gluten free so a lot of those bad for you food I just can't eat. I watched a donut show last night and it's all I have been thinking about but donuts are not gluten free and I haven't found a place yet that has one. 

Pregnancy symptoms? My boobs are killing me. I am starting to slow down some. I went for a run on Wednesday and I couldn't go past a mile. My belly was just too heavy and I felt like I was going to hurt my MM if I kept bouncing him around like that. My back is starting to hurt some. Usually I can just adjust to another position and I am fine but I can tell that will change soon. And I am getting really tired of having to pee so much. During the day it doesn't bother me, it's just at night when I just want to relax but can only get comfy for about 30 mins before the need takes over. If this kid could just make his way up a little in stomach, instead of making my bladder his punch bag, I would be so much better! 

Belly Button? In and starting to stretch a little 

Stretch marks? Nope, thank God

Looking forward to? Moving.....that's if we find a place. Our house is pretty much sold. And when I say pretty much, I mean like we have signed a few papers and are just waiting for a few more things to come into play and it will be sold. But the problem is us finding a home in the area of Mansfield we want. We had like 3 homes we liked but all got sold. So it's back to the drawing board. We look every night to see if new ones have popped up now that the weather is getting warmer. We just keep praying and asking God to lead us where he knows we need to be and keeping our faith in him is how we make finding our new home happen. 

Gender? Boy

Name? Mighty Mouse

Due? August 4, 2015 




OK people......you did NOT help me with the baby bag dilemma I was in. You did narrow it down to 3 different ones for me so that helped some but I guess it's all up to me to decide. 

The 3 way tie was between the Petunia Pickle Bottom backpack in black, the backpack in yellow/grey and the Stella and Dot red/orange and blue. I did take into account what you all wrote about why each one would be best and I was able to narrow it down to the Petunia Pickle Bottom backpack. Most of you said you either didn't have one and ended up switching to one or wished you had gotten one so you can carry baby and bag all at once or the next time around, you will pick a backpack. 
It's just the color I am stuck on. Part of me wants to do the all black because besides pink, it is my favorite color and if something spills on it, it's OK cause it's black and black never goes out of style and would last a good while. The other side of me wants the yellow and grey because this is a baby bag, not a purse and I want it to stand out as a baby bag. Baby bags are always so full of light and color and this is just that. And it would stand out to me with its bright colors and I won't lose it in my house because of it. 
UGH! My head says one and my heart says the other so for now, there's just no choice. They do carry them at Nordstrom's so I might go there and see if they have them and actually see the colors in person rather than online. Maybe that will help my decision.


If you would like way in on which color you think I should go with, please do! Either black or yellow/grey. I made a new poll on the right side of this blog. Voting goes till midnight Sunday. Or let me know by commenting below or on Facebook.  







Lent scripture for Thursday- Luke 18, verses 31-34, Another Prediction of Jesus' Passion (ESV)- 31 And taking the twelve, he said to them, "See, we are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written abut the Son of Man by the prophets will be accomplished. 32 For He will be delivered over to the Gentiles and will be mocked and shamefully treated and spit upon. 33 And after flogging him, they will kill him, and on the third day he will rise." 34 But they understood none of these things. This saying was hidden from them, and they did not grasp what was said.  

Lent Scripture for today- Luke 10, verses 30-37, The Parable of the Good Samaritan (ESV)- 30 Jesus replied, " A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 Now by chance a priest was going down that road, and when he saw him passed by on the other side. 32 So likewise a Levite, when came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion. 34 He went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 And the next day he took two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, 'Take care of him, and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.' 36 Which of these three do you think, proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell amount the robber?" 37 He said, "The one who showed him mercy." And Jesus said to him, "You go, and do likewise." 

No comments:

Post a Comment