Friday, March 6, 2015

18 weeks

Hey, look....Bullet was able to sit next to me. Dash is squeezing him to death but he made it! And yes, I have no makeup on because yesterday was a snow day and I didn't feel like putting makeup on. And I feel like a giant because both Bullet is short and Dash is laying down. I will from now on keep Dash next me so I don't look so large compared to them. Oh....and Bobby is a much better model than a photographer where I am a much better photographer than a model. 


How far along? 18 weeks and 3 days 

Total weight gain? 6.2 pounds. All in the belly area from what I can tell so far. 

Maternity clothes? Yes, about 95% fully. There are a few tops and dresses of mine I can still wear but to be comfortable and actually look pregnant and not fat, I wear maternity. 




Sleeping? Awesome. I got a new pregnancy pillow, called a Snoogle and it has been a lifesaver (got it off Amazon and it does come in different colors but since I have white dogs, white was the color of choice for me). I feel like I am in my own little cocoon at night. Husband doesn't touch me, Bullet stays at the end of my feet and Dash as much as he wants to lay with me in my pillow, sleeps down at the end of the bed, and even when he does venture up to us, he rest his head on my pillow and not on me so I am not unconformable. I was afraid the pillow was going to be too big but it has worked out perfectly! 



Best moment this week? Actually feeling pregnant and people noticing I am pregnant. I am almost to the half way mark and am loving every minute. I was told early on by my friend Julie to just enjoy this time. To do what I want to do and not let anyone tell me otherwise. And to not be afraid to ask questions. So many things can go wrong in a pregnancy so if I feel one way or hurt somewhere, that no question is too small or too stupid. And to know that I have friends and sisters to reach out to, just makes my weeks so much better. 

Worst moment this week? Tuesday was a bad day for me, probably the worst pain I have been in this whole time. My ligaments are stretching to fit my little guy's growing and it has been a gradual thing. But either MM decided to take a massive growth spurt or I did something, but Tuesday I was in so much pain. To the point I couldn't walk and had to have a heating pad all day at work. I never bled so I knew nothing was wrong, just growing pains. I took 2 hot baths that evening and wished I could have had a glass of red wine each time to relax me. Luckily my pillow came in that evening so sleeping for me was much better. 

Do I miss anything? Being able to go outside and run. Not because I'm pregnant, but because of weather. And yes, I would have to wait an hour after I drank anything to go for a run so I don't pee myself. I miss wine very much. I miss being able to stand for a long period of time without it hurting my back. Doing the dishes is getting painful but because of my awful OCD to my dishwasher, I'm just sucking it up and dealing. 

Cravings? My chip craving has become worse. This weeks chip of choice was Fritos Chili Cheese chips. Do you know how hard it is to stop eating them? Or how hard it is to walk down the chip isle at the store? Bobby waits very patiently for me choose one bag and this week actually saw the chili cheese and said oh these are good and I snatched him out of his hand and said DONE! He told me that my chip craving was much better than craving sweets so that made me feel better. If this little guy comes out loving chips, I only have myself to blame. 

Aversions? A lot of food actually. Meat has become worse. We have been eating a lot of asparagus and peppers because that's all I will eat in a cooked veggie. I still love the small steak I described last week to you so I am getting some protein. Bobby has found this great yogurt that is low in calories and high in protein that he has stocked us up on so I get my protein. 

Pregnancy symptoms? Back hurting, forgetfulness (it's getting really bad), tired, growing pains, peeing every hour even when I have had nothing to drink, people say I have that pregnancy glow (I don't see it but glad they do) & craving random food at random times during the day. 

Belly button? In

Stretch marks? None

Looking forward to? Seeing this little one next Wednesday on the sonogram and getting the 100% he is a boy. Bobby and I also have huge news that I will officially be sharing with you next week. So stay tuned for that! 

Gender? Boy 

Name? So we have 2 names, and we have had 2 names for some time but for some reason this week, I didn't like them. I kept thinking about them and I couldn't decide which is better and came to the conclusion that I don't like either. Which isn't true because I do love both names but neither seem right for him. At least this week to me they don't. Luckily we have about 21 more weeks to make up our minds but for now, Mighty Mouse it is. And when we do come to the conclusion of what we pick, I will NOT be revealing it till he gets here. Too many people have too many opinions that I don't care to here about. Sorry if you don't like that, but I am being really strong on this matter. 

Due? August 4, 2015  




Lent Scripture for Thursday: John 2 verses 1-11- Turning Water into Wine (ESV)- 1 On the third day there was a wedding at Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. 2 Jesus also was invited to the wedding with his disciples. 3 When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine." 4 And Jesus said to her, "Women, what does that have to do with me? My hour has no yet come." 5 His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you." 6 Now there were six stone water jars there for the Jewish rites of purification, each holding twenty or thirty gallons. 7 Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water." And they filled them to the brim. 8 And he said to them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of the feast." So they took it. 9 When the master of the feast tasted the water now become wine, and did not know where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom 10 and said to him, "Everyone serves the good wine first, and when people have drunk freely, then the poor wine. But you have kept the good wine until now." 11 This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory. And his disciples believed in him. 


Lent Scripture for today: Luke 20, verses 37-38- part of the Marriage and Resurrection lesson (ESV)- 37 "But the dead are raised, even Moses showed, in the passage about the bush, which he calls the Lord the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. 38 Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living, for all live to him."

No comments:

Post a Comment