Monday, March 30, 2015

Color Run!

What a fun weekend I had. I love when I stay busy on the weekends because it helps me not just sit on the couch and watch TV and eat junk food. Which I find myself doing more and more as this pregnancy gets farther along. I had the Color Run Saturday morning with a few of my favorite girlfriends: Kristen Lewis, Julie Cordova, Mary Skinner and Jasmine Elias (who sadly was not in any photo because she was the one behind the camera the whole time) and she brought 2 friends with her. This is our 3rd one we (Kris, Julie and Mary) have done, and each year it get's better and better. I told you last week I had made a shirt for the Color Run and here it is. 
Color My Baby! 
Do you know how many people stopped me to take a photo or to compliment my shirt and where I made it and how far along and am I having a boy or girl. And every Color Run volunteer would shower my belly in powder paint, because it simply tells them what to do. 
I woke up at 6am, got dressed with the help of Dash, kissed my sleeping husband and drove to Kristen's house. I am awful at downtown driving. And Kristen is amazing at it. So I always ride with her. Julie rode with us as well and we made our way there. We were a tad late, but to be honest, I actually liked going closer to 9am then the 8am start time. It is more hectic at 8am and the 9am crew is more laid back, less runners and the line at the paint stations wasn't nearly as long as normally. Here we are at the start, all nice and clean. 

My one fear was having to pee every 15 minutes. I ate a Quest bar and about 6oz of water for breakfast and peed twice before I left the house. I wasn't able to pee at Kristen's because I never went in, afraid I would wake everyone in the house. So I peed when I got to the Color Run and prayed I would be ok. I made it through the first color which was yellow and when I was approaching blue, it hit me. I had to pee. But I didn't want to be that person. That one friend that makes everyone stop for her cause she can't hold her bladder. At the blue station, they had a check in point where you could get your picture taken and it would upload it to your facebook account. Here we are at the blue station. 

So after we started back running, I looked over at Kristen and she said "You have to pee don't you?" And I laughed. The girl knows me way to well. Luckily we were coming to the half way mark and I could see the orange port-a-potty's in view. And luckily, Kristen needed to pee as well so I didn't feel bad. Do you know how hard it is to pee sweaty, covered in powder paint and having no toilet paper? Oh and add a fanny pack and a pregnant belly to the mix...it's hard. But I managed and we went on our way. Somewhere along the start, we lost Jasmine and her 2 friends. They made it through so fast because she texted me when she was done and we were just on the 3rd color.  My favorite color to run through is pink of course. I load myself up with as much pink as I can get. And it is usually the last color but this year they added a 5th color... GLITTER! They added glitter to the end. You talk about 4 happy girls. But what we didn't realize, it that this was real glitter. Not fake paint powder glitter. I didn't get much on me but Kristen and Julie were practically rolling around in it. Do you know how hard it is to clean glitter off of you? Kristen is probably still covered in it because as of yesterday at Church, she still had it all over her, even after 2 showers! 
Here we are after we crossed the finish line. 

If you have never done it, I highly suggest you do. No one judges you for walking it. No one cares if you wheelchair it. There are strollers and kids running around and dogs! It's one of the most fun things I do and everyone is always in good spirits. We don't go for time here, we go for fun and laughter and just being with each other. When I look back on my life, it's these moments I will remember. It's these moments that I will carry with me. It's these girls that help make it for me. I can't wait till next year when we do it again.

As for the winner in the baby bag, y'all voted for the Black Petunia Pickle Bottom backpack as the color of choice that I should get and I have thought long and hard about it... and decided that that IS what I am going to get! When I originally thought about a baby bag, my first thought was getting black. I wanted something sleek and this is it. I let all that pretty yellow color cloud my original thought process. So thank you all for your help! I can't wait to get it! 







No comments:

Post a Comment