Monday, September 11, 2017

9/11

I just want to take today to remember 9/11 and everyone that lost their lives that day. 
Can you believe it was 16 years ago? I am having the hardest time feeling like it's been that long. I remember exactly where I was and who I was with and how the school allowed us to go home to be with our families if we wanted to. I remember watching documentaries and crying, not understanding how something so awful could happen here. How someone could be so cruel. It still haunts me to this day to think about those people on those planes. Or the people who didn't see it coming in the twin towers. It still to this day makes me tear up when I think about it. 

A thing I love that came out of this was the song by Alan Jackson called "Where Were You". You can ask anyone in the good ole' US of A where they were when this happened and I guarantee you, if they were over the age of 5, they will remember. 


Never forget the fallen
Never forget the ones who lived
Never forget the heroes 
Never forget

No comments:

Post a Comment