Monday, July 24, 2017

G.L.O.W.

I grew up watching wrestling with my dad. I loved it. Ultimate Warrior was by far my favorite but the thing I loved the most is how real it looked. I always thought it was real up until I was told it was acting. But I could never understand how they made things look so real like that. 

Insert the Netflix original show G.L.O.W. 

GLOW is based on the real life story of women wrestlers and the TV show around them. GLOW stands for Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling and it was a real 80's show. But what this GLOW does, is it's behind the scenes of how wrestling is made. How they learned the skills, how they make things look real without anyone getting seriously hurt. The characters are based off real women from the 80's show. Below are the real women of GLOW. 

But what I love most about this show is how it took me back. The 80's fashion. The thrill of wrestling. It was so good back then. But that's not all. The show has drama. It is witty. It made me laugh several times. It deals with real life situations and women being women. The 2 main men that surround the women I fell in love with as well. The acting is great and they really look like the characters they are playing. 

There are only 10 episodes and they are roughly 30 minutes long so it is really easy to get through. I HIGHLY recommend watching this. If you love the 80's, if you love wrestling, if you love a show about women, if you want to laugh, if you want to feel something, watch it. 

Side note: It is TV-MA and it does deal with abortion 

No comments:

Post a Comment