Monday, July 17, 2017

Apple Cider Vinegar

Last week I started drinking Apple Cider Vinegar. I heard a lot of health benefits from it and wanted to give it a try. It's been a week and I can see results.

First: 
Benefits
Helps lower blood pressure, helps with acid reflux, improves diabetes and can support weight loss. The benefits of ACV come from it's powerful healing compounds. It helps in the digestion of food and can aid in energy. The acetic acid found in it kills the "bad" bacteria in the body which aids in the growth of "good" bacteria.


Second: 
What benefits I am noticing
My skin for starters. It seems so healthy and glows (and no, I'm not pregnant). I did get a pimple when I first started it but I think it was cleaning me out. I also did have some bathroom issues but all resolved after a day. My digestion is great. I've not had one stomach ache since taking it nor any kind of sickness. I have been only doing it for a week so there are some benefits that I haven't experienced yet. 


Third: 
How I drink it
You only use a shot glass size of it. That's all you need in one day. And it's beneficial to drink it one hour before bed, to help digest any leftover food from the day while you sleep. I've done it three ways. First was diluted in 8 oz glass of cold water with some honey. Second was trying it straight. Third was diluted in 12 oz glass of cold water with blueberries and watermelon infused in with it. Third way was the best and easiest way for me to drink it. I can't chug. I'm awful at it. But I made the blueberry/watermelon concoction and let it sit for about an hour in the fridge and it was super easy to drink! 


Fourth: 
What not to do!
Don't drink it straight. SERIOUSLY! As hard as it to drink the water mixture, don't drink it straight. How do I know? I tried it one night, thinking it would be easier to just shoot it. It burned all the way down. And not like a Fireball shot. More like I just swallowed a super hot hot wing shot or acid. I had a small sore throat the rest of the night and even when I woke up, it was still a little tender. Plus they say drinking it straight is not good for the teeth (because of the acid) so I am sticking to the water concoction. 


I am so glad I started this. I highly recommend it to anyone. I tried seeing if there was any person who has anything (illness, pregnancy, etc.) who couldn't drink it and I couldn't find a single thing saying you needed to stop. Always ask a doctor if you are curious, cause I am for sure not one :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment