Tuesday, October 4, 2016

14 months


How old? 14 months old

Weight? 28.2 pounds (97 percentile)

Length? 32.6 inches (95 percentile)

This month, I have felt like Brody has taken a big jump. Not in weight or height, but just in personality and learning ability. He is really into books. Like I'm not kidding. We read a book an hour, maybe even more. He loves to read right before he goes to sleep. He likes to read when he wakes up. He likes to read randomly throughout the day. He likes books he can interact with with. Like flip up books, or feel the animal books. 
His vocabulary is awesome. I almost always know what he is trying to say to me. I talk to him constantly. I always tell him what I am doing and where I am going. And I feel like he understands sometime. He knows when we put our shoes on we either go bye bye or go outside. He will usually bring me my shoes and say bye bye. He is super smart and picks up on things easily. We are learning our body parts right now. He knows his nose, his eyes, his teeth and his tongue. 
Trying to get him to drink milk from the sippy has seem to be the only problem we are having. Not going to lie, we have gone back to the bottle for milk. His pediatrician told me milk was more important then what he drank it out of and we can bring up the sippy at a later time. She isn't worried about the bottle right now so I am not either. 
I can tell he loves me being home but he is not a home body. We are struggling to keep him busy. He gets bored easily and he doesn't want to be home. So I am looking into a mothers day out program for him so he can start being with his peers and learning more. I think it will be good for him. I can already predict it might be a rough couple of days once I find a place I like, but he is smart. He will come to love it because he really does love to learn. 





I can't wait to see what this next month brings for us. He is so fun, so much personality and I love him more and more each day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment