Friday, October 2, 2015

Let's tailgate with Man Crates

Football. 
There's nothing like it. Seriously....to me....it's the best sport in the world. The men. The uniforms. The ability to play. Last year I played Fantasy Football where I won. I beat out a group of guys and won. This year I opted out of playing due to having a baby. I wasn't going to be able to make the draft and I refuse to let auto-draft pick for me. So I was a little upset that I wasn't able to win again this year :-). 

About a week ago I found out about a tailgating draft challenge from a company called Man Crates. I received a list of options and told me I had $25 to spend. 
First off: what is Man Crates? I asked the same thing when I first heard about the challenge. So what did I do? I googled it. 
Do you have a man in your life that is impossible to shop for? Or a man that buys himself what he wants when he wants it so when it comes to his birthday or Christmas, you are stuck? All of the above is me! Well Man Crates helps you with that. They are awesome gifts for men that get delivered in wooden crates. Here is their moto:
"We say 'no' to ugly neckties, cologne samplers and executive trinkets. We don't save wrapping paper, we don't do ribbons.
We ship bragworthy gifts for guys. Gifts that you can't wait to arrive because you know the recipient will love opening them.
Gifts that people gather round at the office, people following the sounds of wood being torn from wood by the included, laser-engraved crowbar.
We are Man Crates, and we deliver awesome gifts for men."

Enough said for me. But seriously, they are amazing gifts. You guys know I don't promote things I don't like. I don't get paid to do this. I only brag about stuff I can back. 

Ok so back to the draft.....below is the list she sent me so let's get to it!
1) Beer- $4- You can not have a tailgating party without beer. If you don't drink, sorry. But football and beer go together like peanut butter and jelly. Because I am gluten free, my beer is Cider, preferably Angry Orchard Cider. Plus it's easy to transport and when it's ice cold, there's nothing like it. So you're not a beer fan? Fine. Bring your flask or bring your wine, whatever floats that boat of yours, just bring it! 
2) Corn Hole- $2- So if you have ever been to a party at my house, the corn hole is always out. It's our go to game. Whether you are sober or drunk, the game is fun. It's all about eye and hand coordination. 4 people get to play at once and you can play it one handed. Beer in one hand, bean bag in the other. 
3) Dogs/Burgers- $3- Who doesn't have food at a tailgate party? They make grills so easy to transport now and with all that beer you're drinking, you need something to soak it up. Grilling is such a man thing to me (no offense to women who can grill). A man on the grill is so sexy to me. The food, the heat, knowing (or pretending) to know what he is doing, it's just manly to me. And burgers and hot dogs are easy enough to eat while tailgating. 
4) Football- $1- Who goes to a tailgating party at a football game without a football to throw around? A pigskin is super important to have. It gets people socializing, it gets the kids involved, it brings those grown up boys who never really left high school back to their glory days. 
5) Option play- $8- So here I can pick something not on the list that I think is important to have. And to me, chips and dip are super important to have. They are easy to make, cheap to buy and feed a lot of people. Rather it be my dad's guacamole or my sister's queso or my friend Josh's 7 layer dip (without onions, so 6 layers)....I need and want it at my tailgating party. 
6) NFL Barware Man Crate- $5- Guys! I love this Man Crate so much. First off, on the website they have the Cowboys as the glasses to show off what they can do. But not only does this Man Crate come with 4 NFL pint glasses, it also comes with: 4 numbered wooden coasters with bottle openers, pistachios, flavored sunflower seeds, corn nuts and peanuts in the shell. It all comes in a wooden crate with a laser etched crowbar. No bows, no frills, this is football, not the ballet! 

So I am challenging you all to tell me how you would spend your $25 for your most perfect tailgating party. And head on over to Man Crates to see what they are all about. And just because it is geared toward men doesn't mean they aren't for women either. I am as girly as they come but stand in the way of my TV and my Cowboys and this girly girl is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment