Thursday, October 15, 2015

Loving right now

Dear Diary,

There are so many things I am loving right now so let's get started. 

When it came to knowing what baby bottles Brody would like, I had no idea. I knew I always loved Avent bottles from nanning and when I went into Babies R Us to register, that is the one I went in wanting. But once I got there, I realized there was so many more options so I decided to do some research and figure out what the consumers liked. The one I kept coming across was Joovy Boob bottles because of their closeness to the actual boob itself. And since I knew I wanted to breastfeed, finding a bottle that was closely like a breast, was important to me. Not gonna lie, at first he wasn't a fan. It took him a couple of weeks to really like them. The bottle comes in a PP (polypropylene) form and a glass form. I have the PP form. It is very durable plastic. The nipple design and their 1 piece CleanFlow vent is easy to clean. They both provide consistent venting regardless of how the bottle is held. As long as the vent ring is perfectly in place, you will never have any spillage. The nipple comes in 5 flow rates that are molded and tested for consistency. They also bake their nipples which I find interesting. They claim its because it strengths the silicone and in return prevents softness. They do cost more than the average baby bottle but the benefits are worth it. They start at $9.99 and you can find them {here}


I am a huge fan of Selena Gomez so when I heard she was putting out a new CD, I was so excited. It came out Friday and it is all I have been listening to. Yes I am 30 and no I don't care. Called Revival, she has a regular album and a deluxe (I prefer the deluxe). She doesn't sound like those teeny boppers. This album is more grown up and just has this nice chill vibe to it. Favorite songs on the album I have been listening to over and over are: Sober, Same Old Love, Good For You, Camouflage, Me & My Girls and Nobody (which is a great love song). The girl has come a long way from her Disney days but is still someone I would want my daughter looking up to. She is a great influence and is incredibly gorgeous, without flaunting it (minus her album cover but like I said, this is a more grown up album). And the fact that she just came out about having Lupus and letting her fans know and understand what is going with her, is just incredibly brave. 




I love coffee. It's no new news. But I am always looking for the newest coffee gadget or thing. We have all heard of the Ninja blender, the best blender in the world. But recently, they put out a coffee bar! It's one machine that allows you to enjoy any size coffee you want, all at home. From just a cup of coffee to a full carafe. There is a classic brew which is just your normal cup of coffee, rich brew which is more intense cup of coffee, an over ice brew and a speciality brew which is like an espresso. It comes in 2 different forms. You can either get it with a glass carafe or a stainless steel carafe. The glass carafe one comes with a warming plate and the stainless steel one doesn't, since it's created to keep your coffee hot. This device is on my Christmas list. It is $160. 






















All day long I change diapers. And I have changed diapers since I was 14 when I started keeping kids. I have been through and seen every diaper out on the market. Some good and some bad. So when it came time to find the diapers I wanted for my munchkin, I knew I wanted to best for his booty. Diaper rash is a serious thing and can make them so uncomfortable and changing them is awful. When Kristen had Billie Marie, she introduced me to the Honest Company diapers. Founded by Jessica Alba, the diapers are eco-friendly, ultra absorbent, hypoallergenic and free of any fragrances. And they come in the cutest designs ever. My thing was cost. Because you go through so many diapers a day, I didn't want it to cost B and I an arm and leg on diapers alone. But Kristen informed me that they are the same price as Loves and Pampers. They start at $13.95 and go up from there depending on how many you get. They offer a monthly bundle package which is $80 a month and you get 6 thing of diapers and 4 thing of wipes (it's a great deal). I will say this about them, when you have a new born, don't buy the newborn diapers from them. They do not have a place for the umbilical cord that is still attached to the baby. Go for the swaddlers for the time being. Then once they get into size 1's, go with Honest. Brody has yet to have a diaper rash or any irratation and there are sometimes he goes hours with a heavy diaper due to sleeping or we are out and about. And since honesty is my policy, he does not wear them at night. He wears the Pampers night time diapers since I don't want to wake him at night to change his diaper. 


Fringe is IN right now for fall. Everywhere you look this season, you will see fringe. Rather in dresses or purses and even on shoes. And honestly, I love it. It is so 1920/1930's to me with the flapper era. I was trying to find something I love the most with fringe but everywhere I went, I couldn't pick so I decided on Kristen Cavallari and her shoes. I did a blog last year on her shoes and I am still so in love with them. These are my favorite by her. Her shoes are a little pricy but they are really good quality. These are $170. H&M has a lot of fringe stuff too and it's all super cute (and so much cheaper)!
  

Lady Gaga on American Horror Story: Hotel. I am so in love with her right now. She comes on and I am captivated. She really can act and totally gets into character. This year Jessica Lange isn't on so I was little hesitant on it but they have totally outdone themselves by hiring Lady. I hope she stays on for seasons to come. 


My son's smile! It's the best thing EVER! 



Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment