Monday, November 24, 2014

The best pie crust you will ever eat!!!!

Because Thanksgiving is this Thursday and because I am gluten-free, I have found this amazing recipe for pie crust. I love dessert but being gluten-free can limit the pie intake at Thanksgiving and Christmas. So I always volunteer to bring a pie because A) I can bake and B) because I can make me something I can eat for sure! One of the men I work with has a wife who is a food blogger and makes all her own stuff. When I told him I was having a hard time finding something I like for Thanksgiving (last year) he recommended her pie crust. So I went on her blog and followed the instructions. The first one I baked, I put in 1/4 of a tablespoon of salt and it was suppose to be a 1/4 of a teaspoon. It tasted like a salt lick. Granted it wasn't my fault because she had just written 1/4 kosher salt so I didn't know. Thankfully I work with her husband so I told him and she went on that day and added teaspoon! :) So granted, that one didn't get eaten. But the next time I made, I did it exactly according to her recipe and OMG it was so good. Better than any other pie crust I ate! So I thought I would share it with you and give you her blog for you to go check out!!!!! Everything she makes, she try's to keep as healthy as she can be. I just love her!




Pie Crust:
2 & 1/2 cups of pecans or walnuts
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. In a food processor, add nuts, baking soda, salt and butter and blend until finely grounded. In a sprayed pie plate, press the crust evenly with your hands into the bottom and sides of the plate. Bake the crust for 15 minutes on a cookie sheet, to avoid burning on the bottom. Then pull it out and place whatever pie filling you want, pumpkin, cheesecake, blueberry, cherry, etc. and bake according to those directions.




I swear it is the best tasting crust you will ever eat. I like to use pecans, especially with pumpkin, but honestly I haven't even tried walnuts. I'm sure it's amazing too. Or even mixing the two! I made a cherry cheesecake last year at Christmas with the pie crust. And I have made a pumpkin too.


Her website has it with a recipe for Paleo Pumpkin Pie. When I made it, I used the pumpkin out of the can and followed those instructions. But her pumpkin pie sounds better because she uses fresh pumpkin and coconut milk (instead of evaporated milk)!!!


The lady's name is Kim and her website is http://www.kimshealthyeats.com/ 
 
Go check her out! She's amazing. I can't wait to get in the kitchen and make this again. Let me know if you try it out and how much you love it.
 
 
Don't forget you can follow me on:
Instagram at dani_lynn_lewis
 
 
And don't forget to check out my wine guide for Thanksgiving.
Click for red wine and click for white wine.
 
 
I also still have my Thanksgiving Younique Party going on. Anyone who spends over $40 will receive an eye-pigment color of their choice! With so many combinations, it wont be hard getting your basket to $40 (before tax and shipping). Once you have made the purchase, I will reach out to you and see what color you would like. Oh....and for every $40 you spend, a free eye pigment will be giving. So spend $80, you get 2! And so on. So fill that shopping cart full of gifts and know you are shopping with ease! Party ends Thursday at midnight! https://www.youniqueproducts.com/DaniLynnLewis/party/896677/view
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment