Monday, November 17, 2014

How can it be sunny and 70 one day and snowing and 25 the next? Only in Texas!!!

So the weather is changing and you suddenly start to notice that scratchy feeling in the back of your throat and your nose won't stop running and then the cough comes and by the time you know it, you can't breathe, you talk funny and you feel like everyone around you is suddenly avoiding you. Well stop it before it starts.
 
(((I must tell you that I don't get paid by anyone to endorse their product. So when I represent something, it is truly ME representing it. I do all my own buying and marketing. (Now if someone would like to pay me, I would gladly accept. But only on products I like. I will never represent something I don't like) ))).
 
So back to what I was saying. Stop that cold before it starts. Stop spreading your germs around. Besides hand sanitizer, I have found the best product.

 
Last week, I started feeling not so good. I was getting a cough and my nose was running and I couldn't stop sneezing. So I went to CVS to try to find me something. I am allergic to NyQuil so I know the things I can't take. Plus, cough medicine makes me tired and useless and I don't have time for that. I have seen Emergen-C before but in other flavors and you drink them cold. So when I found this.....I about screamed. I made my purchase and came to work and made me one. The warm apple cider flavor is amazing. It comes with 10 packets in each box.
 
Let me tell what it all has in it.....
 
Antioxidants- help protect your cells from damaging
Vitamin C
Zinc
Manganese
 
B vitamins- play a role for your metabolism for energy
Thiamin (B1)
Riboflavin (B2)
Niacin (B3)
Pantothenic Acid (B5)
Vitamin B6
Folic Acid (B9)
Vitamin B12
 
Electrolytes- support healthy hydration and energy production 
Calcium
Magnesium
Sodium
Potassium
Phosphorous 
 
Here are the facts:
 

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 1 Packet (9.3 g)
Amount Per Serving
 
% Daily Value
Calories
35   
 
Total Carbohydrate
8 g
3%
   Sugars
5 g
*
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid, zinc ascorbate)
1,000 mg
1,667%
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)
1,000 IU
250%
Thiamin (as thiamine hydrochloride) (Vit. B1)
0.38 mg
25%
Riboflavin (as riboflavin-5’-phosphate) (Vit. B2)
0.43 mg
25%
Niacin (Vit. B3)
4 mg
20%
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)
10 mg
500%
Folic Acid (Vit. B9)
100 mcg
25%
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)
25 mcg
417%
Pantothenic Acid (as calcium pantothenate) (Vit. B5)
2.5 mg
25%
Calcium (as calcium carbonate, monobasic
   calcium phosphate, tribasic calcium phosphate, calcium pantothenate)
50 mg
5%
Phosphorus (as monobasic potassium phosphate, monobasic
   calcium phosphate, monobasic sodium phosphate, tribasic
   calcium phosphate)
38 mg
4%
Magnesium (as magnesium hydroxide, magnesium carbonate)
60 mg
15%
Zinc (as zinc ascorbate)
10 mg
67%
Manganese (as manganese gluconate)
0.5 mg
25%
Chromium (as chromium picolinate)
10 mcg
8%
Sodium (as sodium bicarbonate, Arabinogalactan, (from Larix
   laricina
), monobasic sodium phosphate)
70 mg
3%
Potassium (as potassium bicarbonate, potassium carbonate,
   monobasic potassium phosphate)
200 mg
6%
Proprietary Complex
Arabinogalactan (from Larix laricina), Beta-Glucan
500mg
*
Other Ingredients: Dried Cane Syrup, Fructose, Malic Acid, Apple Juice Concentrate (color and flavor), Maltodextrin. Contains <2% of: Acacia, Caramel Color, Citric Acid, Glycine, L-Aspartic Acid, Natural Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Stevia Leaf Extract, Sucrose, Tartaric Acid, Tocopherols (to preserve freshness).
If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your doctor before use.
 
A bit of warning when making it......add the hot water to it. Don't add it to hot water. It fizzes really bad and you must have some room in the glass for it to do it's magic.
 
I do not lie when I tell you I have drank one a day and I feel 98% cold-free. I have not taken any other medication. I do try to take a multi-vitamin everyday as well but I am not that good at taking it. I am stocking up on this for the next few months. It does come in other flavors and there is a whole line of Emergen-C for you to try. Blueberry-Acai, Citrus, Raspberry and Super Orange are the flavors for the Immune Plus line and Berry Medley and Apple Cider are the flavors for the Immune Plus Warmers line. They have multiple different lines, including Vitamin, Vitamin Plus, Vitamin C, Vitamin D & Calcium, Joint Health, Heart Health, and MSM. So if you aren't good at taking a vitamin everyday, this may be your solution!



Oh and it comes in a kid's version as well. Kids are the worst at getting sick and they keep spreading it around. I've seen it in Fruit Punch, Orange and Grape. This is good for those kids who hate taking a daily vitamin or can't swallow pills. For ages 4-13.
 
 
Keeping your body healthy is extremely important when it comes to cold and flu season. It amazes me the simple ways to do it. I am so glad I found this.
For more information on Emergen-C please visit their website at http://www.emergenc.com/



Now I must tell you, please only have one a day or even cut it in half and make one packet last two days. The amount of vitamins each packet has is more than the recommended amount of vitamins one needs in a day. Don't over do it. And if you don't know, always ask your doctor before you start drinking this. Just because I can, doesn't mean it won't mix well with another medication you are on. I am not a doctor, I just know what works for me. With anything you take, side effects can happen. So just make sure before you drink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment