Friday, September 4, 2015

1 month old


How old? 1 month

Weight? 10 pounds (55 percentile)

Length? 22..5 inches (94 percentile)

Likes? Snuggling, eating, the sound of water, the heating pad on his tummy

Dislikes? Being cold, his diaper changed

Eating? 3 oz every 2-3 hours

Sleeping? He takes about 3 to 4, 2 hour naps during the day and only wakes at night to eat, which is every 2 and 1/2 hours

Awake? He is awake a good 2 hours in the morning and a good 2 hours in the afternoon which is great because we are trying to start him on a sleep schedule and him being awake more helps that. 

Milestones? Holding his head up, smiling, cooing, looking me in the eyes, moving his head side to side

Anything new? Brody inherited my stomach issues. So we are trying to figure out which formula works best for him. After speaking with his doctor yesterday, she wants me to try giving him gas drops before every feeding to see if that helps without having to switch him to an expensive formula. I am not producing enough breastmilk a day so in order for him to eat enough, we have to give formula. So far, it seems to be working. He hasn't cried as much when he needs to poop and is able to pass gas much easier. We do have him on the Enfamil Gentlease and will keep him on that unless he needs to switch to soy (which I pray he isn't laktosintolerant). 

How's mom and dad? We are doing ok. We have a nice schedule going on at night where Bobby takes the 10pm and 12pm shift and I take the 2am, 4am and 6am shift and then sleep in till around 9am. I have 4 pounds to go till I am back to my beginning weight but my body is not what it use to be. And I know that will come when I can start to work out so I am not to worried. It is hard to find time for myself, let alone find time for Bobby. Brody takes up so much of our time because he's so small still and can't really do anything or go in anything to play, so finding time for each other is something we are working on. I am finally able to take a bath (showers for the past 4 weeks, blah) so the past 2 nights, I have taken a nice long bath and it amazes me what 30 minutes to yourself feels like. It's like a switch in the brain and everything is back to square 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment