Lately I have been doing my best to eat better. Not necessary eat less (especially on days I workout), just incorporate better choices into my daily intake. And I have been doing that by adding a fruit, veggie, & protein smoothie into my afternoons. I try to make them an hour and a half before Swink Sweat and I have found that it gives me energy and helps keep my momentum at workout going.
And because I am loving this so much, I thought I would share with you my recipe.
Here is the list of ingredients in the order of which I put them in my smoothie:
- 1/2 cup- Vanilla Almond Milk- I use Silk Vanilla
- 1/2 cup- Plain Greek Yogurt- I use Chobani (click on the name to see more information on them and all their yummy flavors)
- 1 cup- Kale- I use Taylor Farms Chopped for Juicing
- 1/2 cup- Peeled Apple Slices- I use Crunch Pak Peeled Sweet Apples
- 1/4 cup- Blueberries- I use fresh over frozen
- 1 cup- Frozen Mango- I use Dole Mango Chunks (I use frozen in place of ice cubes)
Then I turn the blender on and right after I turn it on I add:
- 1/2 cup- Liquid Protein- I use Premier Protein Strawberries & Cream Shake
- 1/2 cup- Water- If you want to use a protein powder instead, up your water that you use to 1 cup instead of the 1/2 cup
If you make it just like I did, it will make 24oz. So adjust accordingly if you don't want to make as much.
Nutritional Facts for this yummy smoothie: 24oz serving:
The reason the sugar is on the high side is because it is coming from the Apples, Blueberries & Mango so it is a natural sugar. Your body can process it much easier than if you were to add raw sugar to it. It keeps me full for about 4 hours, even after my workout.
And since I don't drink these by myself, I think of it as a smoothie date with my son and that is the best!
"Here Mom....you can have some if you want!"