Tuesday, January 2, 2018

My Red Reddington

For those of you who visit my blog and realized I have been a little MIA lately, it's because over the weekend I lost my father in law to a massive heart attack. So I have decided to not do much blogging this week so I can be with my husband and his family. I will do my Thursday pregnancy blog this week but that will be it till next week. 

Thank you for the understanding and the out pour of love we all have received. Bill was a great man and left this earth way to early in my book but unfortunately we don't write the book of life, God does. And God decided Bill needed to be with him for a reason I can't see yet and may not see for a long time. I just have to trust my faith, trust God and remember my memories of him. He loved God to the fullest and instilled that in his children. Angie, Billy and Bobby are 3 of the most incredible people I have ever known and part of that was because of Bill. He may have not been rich in money, but he was rich with family and love. Bill was a big ole cowboy who loved his cowboy boots and always had a smile on his face. He never met a stranger and would talk your ear off if you let him. I loved the way he told stories because a 30 second story would take 5 minutes because he would be laughing and snorting all the way through. And by the end of the story, I still wouldn't know what he said because he laughed so much. He wasn't afraid to make fun of himself and laugh at himself or admit when he was wrong. 
This was the last picture taken of him. He is exactly where he wants to be here. Surrounded by his family but mostly his grandchildren. They were his favorite!

If you knew Bill and haven't seen the Facebook obituary, I have linked it here. The funeral service will be at 11am at Tyler Street Church in Dallas in the main sanctuary on Saturday, January 6th (the viewing will be at 10am the same day at Tyler Street). Please come if he meant anything to you. We want to pack the church for him. 

I will always and forever LOVE you my Red Reddington! 
(If you watch The Blacklist, then it will make sense to you. Minus being my own father part, he always said there wasn't anything he wouldn't do for me, to protect me and that is why he will always be my Red)

No comments:

Post a Comment