Tuesday, January 9, 2018

It's a girl

Y'all have no idea how excited I was when I heard those words come out of the girl doing the sonogram's mouth. The words I had thought this whole time being pregnant. I knew in my heart of hearts this was a girl but just hearing it confirmed was the highlight of the year. 

I thought I would share the story of finding out today because I just love it and could live that moment every day! 

It was a normal 17 week appointment check up. I had no sonogram scheduled. The Monday before this Thursday, was the Monday I got incredibly sick and had to go to CityDoc to get an IV for dehydration. So when I went in on that Thursday, I had told her what happened and how I wish she did sonograms at 17 week because I hadn't felt movement and with being so sick, I was worried. I also told her I would love to know the sex before Christmas so I could tell my family. With the combination of everything going on, she told me if she could sneak me back she would. MERRY CHRISTMAS! So she went to check and there happen to be a 5 minute opening between appointments for the sonogram. 
This never happens. 
That place is always so packed. I couldn't believe this was happening. So I laid down, she told the girl to get the heartbeat and check to make sure baby was ok. And to go ahead and tell me the sex of the baby. So she did it in that order. 

"Heartbeat is 154."
"Baby is super low, like on your bladder low. You have got to be uncomfortable!"
"It's a GIRL." 

I play this moment over and over. My hands went to my eyes and and she said "Are we happy?" and I said "You have no idea". 

Bobby was not with me because it was just a normal 17 week appointment and he wouldn't have been allowed back in the regular room anyways. So I swung by Target on my way home, found the cutest watermelon onesie in the sale department for summer and went home and put it on his computer for when he got home. People keep asking me if he is excited to be having a girl and I keep telling people yes. I do think he is nervous about the unknown part of it but he is going to be wrapped around her pudgy finger from the moment he holds her. Also...his bank account is going to hurt a little cause his wife has no self control when it comes to shopping for her kids wardrobes. 

My baby girl. My very own baby girl. I have my boy and now I have my girl and please don't ask me if I am having any more! 


We are so thrilled. And I love the fact that Bill knew before he died. We got to tell family at Christmas and I will always be so thankful that my doctor was able to sneak me back so we could know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment