Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Shop Small- Rad Joy

I haven't done a shop small in awhile and today's shop small is one I have been wanting to share for a long time now. I bought this before Christmas (even got my grandmother one) but she ran out of stock right after that (it aired on TV so she was sold out fast) and just now got restocked, which brings me to today. 

This company is called Rad Joy and what they sell are crosses. But they aren't just any crosses. They are crosses that you nail your burdens/sorrow/troubles/thoughts to that you may be holding on to. We tend to ask God for help but we never really let go of the bad stuff or we say we are going to give it over to God but don't or don't know how. 

What this cross allows you to do is write down whatever your feeling, and hand it over to God. And when you feel like that burden is gone, or the thoughts you had have seem to vanish, you take it down from the cross and throw it away. 

I found that I keep a lot of things in. A lot to myself and it got very heavy. I always asked God for help but never really just handed him my problems. But this cross allows me to do so. I can even place prayers for others on this and when I see it, I remember to pray for that person. It's the first thing you see when you enter my home but it's also the last. So I am always reminded that God is present, that God is always there even in the bad. Especially in the bad. 

I have to be honest, (cause I always am). I feel like it works. When my father in law died, I came home and wrote down my thoughts and feelings and asked God to help me through this time. Almost immediately I felt this magical hug just surround me and it couldn't have been anything else but him. My note is still on the cross because I still have hard days but I find when I am feeling like this, I look to the cross and remind myself that God carries my burden and my pain. 

Here is a link to her website. All the crosses are handmade with real wood and come in multiple sizes and colors. She also sells the paper to go with it. They make great gifts as well. I gave my grandmother a small handheld one for Christmas so she could take it to church with her. One of the best things about this company is before they send you your cross, they pray over it. When you are choosing your cross, there is a place where you can put a burden or why your buying this cross and they will lift your prayer up to God and pray for the cross you are about to receive. I am just so in love with this company and what they stand for. I highly recommend getting one for your house. It's also a great way to teach children about God's love and the cross. 

And if you ever step foot into my home and have something weighing you down and aren't quite sure how to get rid of it, just ask me for a piece of paper and a pen and write it down and nail it to my cross. I won't look or read it but I will pray for it for you. And when you visit next time or tell me that you have that pain no more, I will take it down for you. 

Or just go buy yourself your own cross cause Lord knows you probably need one!

No comments:

Post a Comment