Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Dunkaroo dip

Dear Diary, 

Do you remember Dunkaroo's? That yummy sprinkly vanilla icing dessert that came with graham cracker cookies that your mom would put in your lunch box? Well I have an adult version of this for you. And much healthier than what that stuff was so if your kids seeing you eating it, you can share (if you want). 

This is not my recipe. It's Budget Savvy Diva's recipe. I found this recipe on Pinterest because I was looking for a yummy, easy dessert for The Super Bowl but I didn't want to use all that sugar and carbs she has. By all means, head over to her blog and get the true recipe if the one below doesn't fancy you but I am telling you, people all night didn't know the difference. I originally named it the FunFetti dip but after eating it, I changed the name to Dunkaroo Dip. 

Here is all you need: 
*1 box of FunFetti cake mix
*1 container of Sugar Free Cool Whip
*1 & 1/2 cups of Kroger's CARBmaster Vanilla Yogurt (very low in sugar but high in protein)
*1 teaspoon of vanilla
*Sprinkles
*1 box of honey graham sticks or animal cookies (whichever you like, but the sticks held up better) 

Instructions: 
*In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the sprinkles and sticks/cookies. (I did add a few extra sprinkles to my FunFetti mix cause I love sprinkles)! 
*Refrigerate uncovered for at least 15 minutes (I did mine an hour before eating). 
*After you pull it out, sprinkle the top of it with sprinkles, as much as you like. Serve with the sticks or cookies. 

This is it! I told Bobby this would make an incredible icing to a vanilla cake. And the thing was, because I didn't add any extra sugar or use a sugary product, it wasn't overly sweet. It was just the right amount and I could eat it and not feel guilty. 

Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment