Thursday, March 8, 2018

International Women's Day

Dear Diary,

Today is International Women's Day. I am not sure why we are given a day, kind of like I don't understand why there is a Black History Month. Shouldn't we celebrate all of this all of the time? Why does it have to be narrowed down to a day or a month? 

Anyways. In honor of that day, I want to talk about one of my favorite women in my life. My best friend Gabby. On Saturday, I threw her a baby shower in honor of Mateo. She is due 2 weeks ahead of me so having someone to be pregnant with has been so nice. As soon as she told me she was pregnant, I knew I wanted to throw her a shower. So when the time was right, I brought it up and was so delighted that she wanted one. I got some GREAT help from a girl named Briana who did all the decor for me. Which if you know me, I'm creative but being pregnant, my brain is mush so I was so delighted she took on ALL of that for me. I told her she needed to get into the business of this because she is weirdly talented and everything was just perfect and intimate. The guest list was small and we had it at my house but it was so perfect. We played some fun games, had some great conversations, ate some yummy food and had the most perfect cake. It was so much fun and I was so glad to do this for her. 

Let's talk food: On the menu was mini chicken and waffles, mini pancakes with fruit, strawberries, mandarin oranges and marble CAKE that looked like a beach. The mini chicken and waffles were Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets and mini cinnamon toast waffles. Mini pancakes were just Walmart's mini pancakes and banana slices in-between each layer and a blueberry on top. I ordered the cake from this place in Waxahachie called Bittersweet Bakery and they did not disappoint. I went in with my idea and my Pinterest picture and they were able to redo it. I provided cucumber water, water bottles, coffee, and tea. 






Celebrating women should be something we do everyday. In fact, I think everyone should be celebrated everyday. I don't understand why it has to be narrowed down to a day but it is so here we are. Also, how cute are the three of us pregnant? Our friend Christina is 3 weeks behind me. There was something in the water I guess!


Gabby- You are such a fantastic best friend. People always ask us how long we have been friends and are always shocked by our response (for the record, it's about 16 months) because they always say it seems like we have been friends for such a long time. I absolutely adore you and I can't wait to meet Mateo in 2 months! 

Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment