Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Jesus loves the little children of the world

So today's blog is all about my precious, wonderful, funny children I have in my life!!!!
 
 
 
Landry Kate Smith- February 4, 2009
Colton Levi Talbert- September 21, 2009
Kent Samuel Lewis- August 31, 2010
Hayden Timothy Smith- October 11, 2013
Billie Marie Lewis- May 10, 2014
 
 
 
Oh you thought I was going to talk about my dogs! Hahaha... you would have had to see the word Perfect if I was talking about my dogs because my dogs are Perfect. But back to the other angels in life that ADORE their Aunt Dani and love her to the new pink planet they just discovered and back!
 
I am going to tell you a little bit about each of them. And I am going to do it in the order that they came in this world. But before I do, I need to tell you a little back story on what these children mean to me.
I did NOT want to have children growing up. I wanted a beautiful husband, I wanted a career, I wanted to travel the world with my beautiful husband, I wanted to make a lot of money that I could just do whatever I wanted and be able to support my parents and Kara and I wanted to be the most AWESOME aunt ever! Then I met Bobby and fell head over heels in love. When the topic of children came up, I told him my views and what I wanted from life. At first, he didn't say anything. But as our relationship continued, I could tell it bothered him that I didn't want children. He told me that he would not marry a women that did not have off-spring. Being the stubborn women that I am, I shrugged it off.
 
My sister Kara told us she was pregnant early 2008. I was so excited. Like ecstatic. But in April, God decided that he wanted that baby to be with him, so that baby is in heaven. In June of 2008, Kara got pregnant again and this time that baby carried to term. So after a very long wait and a very long labor, Kara Gail Clemens Smith delivered a very healthy baby girl, Landry Kate Smith.
 
Pause:
So here is where my story takes a complete turn. The moment I held Landry Kate Smith in my arms, was the day that changed my life. Still being very stubborn on not wanting children some day, the instant I held her it was like God slapping me in the face. I cried because in my arms was this perfect being. Was the creature my sister and Tim produced. It was like everyone else in room with me disappeared and it was just Landry and I. I knew at that moment, I could not go the rest of my life without this feeling. Without looking at something I created with the man that I love more than anything. Reality came swinging back around when someone took her from my arms. I just said a quick thank you to God and wiped my tears.
Unpause:
 
 
 
 
Landry Kate Smith is the funniest child I have ever met. She's sassy, her favorite color is pink, she is incredibly smart. She loves her babies. She loves to swim and if you ask her if she would like a piece of chocolate, she will tell you that "Chocolate makes her crazy"! When she was trying to learn my name, it came out like Ninny, so she calls me Ninny, even to this day. She's witty and determined and stubborn. She's sweet and loving and thoughtful. She gets her feelings hurt easily but can turn right around and be ok. I have a very special connection with Landry that I hope never goes away.  She starts kindergarten this year and along side Kara, my mom and Tim's mom Debbie, I will be crying. Landry loves dogs. If she grew up to be a veterinarian, I would not be shocked!
 
 
She loves Disney and princess movies. I got to watch Frozen with her and I loved just hearing her sing all the songs. She has the biggest heart and has to be in control. Her favorite person on the planet right now is my dad, her Pop. If he is present, she is usually near him. Which both Kara and I love because usually little girls are afraid of men. But there is something about my dad that she loves.
 
 
Landry Kate Smith- Ninny loves you with her whole heart. You are my girl. You make me laugh and you make me feel loved all the time. Thank you for being you and thank you for always making me laugh. I can't wait to see what you become some day. It's going to be great!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So half way through Kara's pregnancy, I get a call from Angie telling me that she was pregnant. If you know anything about Angie, you know she rarely has a bad day. She is most spirited person I know so when she called to tell me she was pregnant, it was like the world was on fire. Haha...but that's how it's suppose to be when you find out your pregnant right?! When she told she was having a boy, I was so excited because I already had my girl. Angie had a hard pregnancy. In a short story, she has a heart shaped uterus so Colton only had so much room to grow. She was put on bed-rest at the end. Her labor though was the quickest. She had to have a C-section  so they literally wheeled her back and she was back in the room with Colton Levi Talbert an hour later! I was like "Wait, what? You're already done!?"
 
 
Colton is the smartest child I know. He is amazing at videogames. He has a very loving heart. I love going on vacation with him and just sitting next to him while he plays a game on his Kindle. He was showing me how to play some games...ME! His 28 year old aunt how to play games I should know how to play. He hates getting in trouble. He almost never has a bad day at school. He hates girls. Anything that has to do with a girl, he wants no part in. If there is something pink or purple, he avoids it like the plague. He's a great swimmer.
 
 
Colton loves to get on the side of pool and jump in. He usually jumps to either Bobby or Billy but this past week, I notice him jump in on his own and swim. He is a super fast learner. He loves coming over and playing Batman on the PlayStation. He would sit for hours if Angie allowed it. And he doesn't just run around and do nothing. He actually plays the games. I am always such in awe over his hand eye coordination when it comes to this. Colton is sweet and kind and he will make a great big brother if Angie has another.
 
 
Colton Levi Talbert- I love you. I love your sweet smile and your ability to learn so fast. You are always so kind with your please and thank you's. When you have made it big someday, you remember who your favorite aunt is....(no don't look at Kristen)...ME! Thank you for being a wonderful child and letting me be apart of you life!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bobby and I got engaged at the end of 2009. Landry was already born and so was Colton. The day we got engaged, Billy and Kristen through us a party that evening. Little did I know, Kristen was pregnant. Very early pregnant. Bobby actually told me after she told the parents at Christmas. I thought she was having a girl. Something about it just screamed girl to me. But oh boy...she did not have a girl. She was having a boy...and a boy she had! And by that I mean, Kent is a boy of all boys. The actual definition of a boy. After a very easy labor, Kent Samuel Lewis was here!
 
 
Kent is the most perfect definition of what a boy is. He's tough. He's adorable. He loves the ladies. He is kind and smart. He is forgiving and loyal. He falls down and gets up without having a fit. When he is in trouble. he takes whatever punishment that comes with the crime. He knows when he has done wrong and from what I can tell, usually owns up to it. He tries really hard to not tattle on others. He shares. He's funny and crazy. He loves his Uncle Bobby but his Uncle Bobby loves him 10x more! Kent always walks in with a hug and kiss every time I see him. (I must give Billy and Kristen props here. No child willingly walks in and does that. But they taught him from a early age to do that so he does).
 
 
Kent is very loving. He is an incredible big brother. He never seems jealous of anything or anyone. I hate when he cries because a) it is very few and far between or b) because he is usually really hurt. He has tough cry. I want to cry when he cry's because I know the amount of pain he is in. I love going on vacation with Kent just to see what he gets into next. He is adventurous and a daredevil. (I wonder where he gets that from...Billy...Bobby).
 
 
Kent Samuel Lewis- I have never in my life met a child more sweeter than you. You have this charm about you that just melts my heart. With your love of the color pink to your good looks, you are going make one women in this world very lucky some day. I love you!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So my sister gets pregnant again in 2012, but again God decided that that baby needed to be with him, so that baby went to heaven to join the other baby who will someday get to meet my sister and Tim and their other siblings. But this time, Kara decided to wait a little before trying again. But the following February 2013, she gets pregnant again. This time, we get to keep it.  At first I thought Kara was having a boy, then at the last minute I changed my mind and thought girl. Turns out it was boy. (always go with your first instinct Dani)!  Hayden was quite comfortable inside Kara. He did not want to come out. So after a very awful labor, they had to do an emergency C-section to get him out. It was a very long day but boy, was he worth it.
 
 
The moment I met him, my heart sank. Kara had me sneak Landry back there before anyone else came so I got a few minutes to myself to look and talk and take his picture (and cry). Who knew the new love of my life would be short, fat and bald! And look just like a grown up version of Tim! He is the spitting image of Timothy Michael Smith.
 
 
Hayden is the most happiest baby in the world. I have kept over 1000 children in my life, and I have not met one as happy as he is. As long as his belly is full, he's happy. He sleeps good, eats good. He is the typical second child. Landry loves him and even dresses him up (there is a picture of Hayden dressed up as Wonder Women but my aunt title would be taken away from me if I dare show it)! I love looking at Hayden and seeing him smile. He never meets a stranger. He always has a smile on. He chubby and I love it. He's my little man, even though he's going to be 6'6 and weigh 250lbs and play profession football....he will always be my little man.
 
 
Hayden Timothy Smith- You have only been in my life not even a year and I am so in love with you. Every time I see you, you give me the biggest smile and you laugh at things I do. My little man is growing up and I could not be more excited to see the next years of your life. I also can't wait to wear a Smith jersey and cheer you on from the stands. You hear those crazy ladies screaming your name...it's me, your mom and your Mimi! Get use to it kid. I love you!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So the day that Kristen finds out she is pregnant, is the day I find out. Through a text message I must say. She sent me a somEcard (if you don't know what that is, look it up. They are awesome) that said something like "Well I guess I can't drink for 9 months or so". I called her and started screaming. She was like I just found out so don't say anything but I had to tell someone. So of course I kept my mouth shut and waited for them to tell everyone. So needless to say, I waited A LONG time for her to deliver this baby. I knew she was having a girl. I had this feeling. And it was right. So the day before mothers day 2014, Billie Marie Lewis came into this world.
 
 
I mean come on right. She's precious. And perfect. And so sweet. She's only 6 weeks old so she doesn't do much but eat and sleep and poop and be the sweetest thing ever! I am so in love with her. When Kristen comes in the room with her, its like a magnet. I just take her and go. She is holding her head up great and opening her eyes so I know she sees me and already loves me.
 
 
Billie Marie Lewis- I know you are only 6 weeks old but I am just as in love with you as the rest of the kiddos. I can't wait to go on vacation with you were I get you a whole week! You are my sweet angel and I love you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So those are my kiddos. Can't you tell I LOVE being an aunt. It is one of the most joyous things in my life. I thank God everyday for these children. They are the reason I will become a mom (to humans) someday. The amount of love and warmth I get, I can only imagine triples when it's your own. Thank you Kara, Angie and Kristen (yeah, ok...Tim, Matt and Billy...you helped by letting your sperm have fun) for growing these children for 9 months and letting me be apart of their everyday lives. Bobby and I so blessed beyond because of them!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh a side note, Shay is still having her Younique party going on till June 29th (yes, my birthday) at https://www.youniqueproducts.com/DaniLynnLewis/party/278498/view so head on over and check it out!

2 comments: